Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 27th

The chaos has come and the chaos has gone and now there is snow on the ground and sunlight on my counter tops. This is has been a strange March, weather wise. I was wrong about the word count; I need another twenty thousand before I'm novel length. Twenty thousand. How do authors do that? How do they craft their story so it comes out at the needed word count? Then again, I suppose you might as well ask, what is a story? It's bewildering. Some stories follow the character's entire lives, showing some parts in detail and generalizing over the others. Some stories just show one or a few intense episodes in a characters life. There doesn't seem to be any rules. I have to go to college. In the meantime, I figured out something else to try on my story. We'll see how it goes.