Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3rd

I'm officially on clomid as of today, so...forewarned is forearmed. I've no idea how I'll be blogging from here on out. Maybe I won't be able to, or maybe I'll spew Alice in Wonderland type thoughts all down the page, like a melting clock face.

Yesterday I started in for real on part two of my story. I needn't have worried, it was rough, but it turns out my character is more resilient than I thought she was.

You're probably rolling your eyes, like, that's your character, Jenny, she can be anything you want her to be.

I know. I agree, I feel the same way. I used to read other authors and they'd say stuff like, "Well, the character just ran away with me," and then I'd roll my eyes too and be all like, whatever.

But the funny thing is, is that it's partly true. Characters really do take on, in a strange way, a life of their own. I don't know where it comes from, probably my subconscious or some deep ego state that my therapist could explain.

I refuse to let them run away with the story, though. That would just be embarrassing. No character of mine is going to dictate to me my own story! Spare the rod, spoil the story.

Oh, I can't help it, I can just imagine it so clearly.

Magician: "The hell I'm going to marry that dirty peasant girl."

Peasant girl: "I'll never unlock that door!"

Old Woman: "Upon my soul, I'd never betray his lordship over a snip of a girl, I've more wits than that."

Ha! Little do they know.