Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20th

I don't have too much time to write, because Keith's father and step-mother will be arriving for a weekend visit around noon.

The house is pretty much in tip top shape, with just a few things to be tweaked into place.

Yesterday, Keith had an appointment with one of the highest ranking Non-Commissioned Officers on post, for the job opening.

He said eight other guys were there, having already made it through other interviews, and now completing for the three open slots.

The guy took all their records, disappeared and then reappeared and sent five guys home. But not Keith, because he got the job!

This is exciting stuff, because it means we're here for a solid two years and Keith gets a pay raise. So that is a huge open door for adoption.

The next step is paying off the HD, so we can use it to back the adoption loan, and free up the money that otherwise would have gone into the payments on it.

Realistically speaking, that's probably going to take about three more months.

I don't know how I feel about all this.

It's exciting, but I've been excited before, and it came to nothing. I'm trying not to look too far into the future, because that's a recipe for trouble and besides, the only clear message about the whole situation that Jesus gave me was to take everything one step at a time.

But maybe our children will actually live with us, in this very house! It's possible.

It's possible that the spare bedroom might actually become a bedroom, and that we might actually have to childproof everything, and live in a perpetual clutter of toys and have a step stool in the bathroom for when they brush their teeth, and I'll get nothing done and have to give up on my writing for... oh, ten years or so.

I wouldn't mind.