Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 28th

I heard back from my friend about Torii, which is always so exciting. She used adjectives like "enchanting, foreboding, heart moving, engrossing and hopeful."

Also, she indicated that the mixture of dark and light, humor and tragedy work, with the over all feeling being one of light.

That is relieving to know.

As usual, my descriptions are word dense and there are a lot of loose ends I need to tie up, but at a certain point, she got too engrossed in the story to continue writing down her comments, so that's good feedback in and of itself!

Also, she requested the second half as soon as possible. I've been working on that last night and this morning and sent off what is there so far.

Now I'm going to go back into the rewriting/writing process and see if I can't capture a few of the scenes that have been eluding me. Maybe I can finally write the end.

Also, I found this verse this morning, which I have to share, because it is so beautiful:

"Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of Your presence, Lord. They rejoice all day long in Your wonderful reputation."

-Psalm 89:15-16