Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3rd

Sunday. A day to do laundry.


And recover from the party of the day before.




You can see that I'm trying to get into the swing of things, camera wise, but I keep missing the shots.

Like when I was teaching the little five year old girl to swim, my hands outstretched for hers as she kicked and spluttered her way across a yard or so of pool to me.

I should have had Keith take a picture of that.

Or when Keith was towing her across the pool. Or when the neighborhood children all came out to play in our cul de sac on bikes and with water guns and wading pools.

I should have taken a picture of that.

Or when the ice cream truck came by and we waved it down, and the little girl brought an ice cream. We ambled out to see if the prices had gone up, due to inflation. They remain around the two dollar mark, so they're holding pretty steady.

I should have taken a picture of that.

But no. I'm not quick enough on the draw, and I'm too self conscious to be either constantly asking to be photographed, or to photograph others.

I will have to get over that, and start taking photographs right and left.