Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21st

The mint lives!

I guess mother nature is a powerful healer and mint is sturdy enough to survive even my black thumb. It is sprouting tiny shoots as we speak.

I have a lot of work to do because...

I am sending Torii to my friend to be read and he will pass it on to his friend, the publisher!

There is no guarantee of it getting published, but just the thought of this process has already loosened up several new ideas on certain scenes that have been driving me crazy.

It's helping me take my work much more seriously- other people that I respect a great deal are serious about my writing.

As soon as I found out about this path that Torii will be taking, I went running out to the garage, to tell Keith.

He took one look at my face. "Did we win the lottery?" he asked, breathlessly.

I couldn't fall asleep last night, thinking about everything.

Hopefully the ending of Torii will come clear now. I feel like there should be an epilogue, as a companion piece to the prologue- something that will sum up and symbolize the theme of the story.

So far, this scene has eluded me, but maybe it will come clear, as I read the story again.

Okay, I have to stop procrastinating and start working on it. Oh dear.