Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31st

Tomorrow will be June, the month of weddings. It's the month of summer that holds all of its promise with no hint of its brevity.

Let's see, what's been happening in the Indiana household?

I keep wringing pool water out of the end of my braid.

I have the vacuum out, with the expectation that sooner or later I will actually put it to use.

I continue on with both stories. When I become exhausted by Gilly, I can switch to Phillipa. (I must like the double ll in names, though I didn't do that consciously.) Phillipa is much more fun. She is newly endowed with all of Ceallach's (ha! there's another one. I'll have to remember not to do that in my next story) savings, which he left for her to find, and which are ample.

So now, she's well adjusted, pregnant and rich. Who wouldn't want to be her? She's busy restoring Ceallach's three hundred year old, granite, Colonial Georgian house, which includes putting in plumbing and a top of the line, industrial generator so she can have hot water.

She's one powerful dame. And she's got a tan, too.

Gilly, on the other hand... poor Gilly. Actually, poor Tenshio. His attempts to deal with the child range from adorable to ludicrous. He has no idea what he's doing. He thinks God must be punishing him.

Despite his missteps, Gilly is being well cared for and is on the path to healing. Even though right now, it would not appear that way.

I have to take something out of the freezer for dinner.